Friday, September 16, 2005

The Blogosphere

I don't like the term "blogosphere." Sure, the sphere's a great shape, but why are blogs supposedly arranged in this spherical format? Is it a solid sphere, or a shell? Are all blogs really equidistant from some blog central point?

Honestly, it sounds like a layer of the atmosphere. Right between the stratosphere and the mesosphere is the blogosphere, cold and thin and such.

I propose that we stop taking this "blogosphere" term for granted. Why not another shape? Where are the blog cones? The blogular prisms? The blogular pyramids?

I hereby propose the blogohedron, a regular blog-sided figure with a blog at each vertex.

Long live the blogohedron!

2 comments:

Mark Fossen said...

I, myself, have been steadily trying to introduce the scientific term WeboComicsBlogoNet ...

... to no success whatsoever.

Vaklam said...

Re: Blogohedron

Done. That's the official name, now. Anyone who says different is gonna have to answer to me and my blogozoidal helix of justice.