Friday, April 21, 2006

If you happen to be in town...

If you happen to be in the Quad City Area today, drop by Augustana College in Rock Island, IL 'round about 8:00 PM. Augustana Physics Club presents James Kakalios of the University of Minnesota, speaking about the Science of Superheroes, in Science Building Room 304. I've been enjoying his recent book, The Physics of Superheroes, so I'm psyched.

This whole event (a larger Physics conference with a superhero theme, due to the keynote speaker's specialty) has been one big geek-out for yours truly. I got to design the Physics Club t-shirt, and I'm in charge of the trivia (with two superhero categories) and I'll be supplying several comic-based movies for later tonight. I'll have pictures soon, I guarantee it.

1 comment:

Diamondrock said...

Wow, you aren't so far from my old stomping grounds. I grew up in Galesburg, IL (not far from Rock Island). Had some friends who went to Augustana. Almost went there myself...