Saturday, July 01, 2006

Pocket full of Parody

Sure are a lot of people naysaying and nitpicking the wonderfulness of Superman Returns. Here's my first response.

Superman Returns (It's Not Easy)
To the tune of "Superman (It's Not Easy)" by Five For Fighting. Duh.

I know men can't fly,
I'm not that naïve.
It's all an effect
Just wires and CG.

He isn't a Reeve,
He isn't a Cain,
Not even that Smallville kid, ol' what's-his-name
And it's not easy
to please...me.

I wish that they could find
A new Christopher Reeve;
You'd think they could try,
But that film will never be.

It may sound absurd, but I want to see
Supervillains, not Kal's progeny.
I may be a nerd, but won't you concede,
That the fanboys should be running things?
It's not easy
to please...me

Superman Returns won't do for me, there are no fights
Inconsistent kryptonite.
I'm not picky...or anything.

I know men can't fly,
I'm not that naïve.
But before my eyes
I'm starting to believe...

He's barely a man,
He looks like a teen.
He's got a tiny 'S' and little red briefs.
He's not Superman,
Or at least not Chris Reeve,
But he has touched something inside of me,
Inside of me...

I feel like a child
With my Superman sheets
I feel like a kid
Thanks to this movie

This IS Superman
That much I believe
And it's not easy, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm...

It's not easy
To please...me

Sing Along!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.theatrox.com/reevespage.htm