Sunday, June 08, 2008

Whow.

Beat it, "Blink." Fall back, "Family of Blood." I've got a new favorite episode of Doctor Who.

There are hardly words to describe how awesome "The Forest of the Dead" was. I laughed, I jumped, I sat with my mouth hanging agape for a full three minutes, I almost cried. Stephen Moffat is my hero.

Anyway, the pieces are obviously starting to fall into place for the end of the season, and I think I can catch a glimpse of the shape of things to come. I'm not sure what this episode does to my (heretofore unstated) theory about the Doctor's "Song" coming to an end, but we'll see how it all pans out.

I almost pity Stephen Moffat. He's got the reins of the show starting in '10, but I don't know if he'll be able to top this. Anyway, open thread: have at it.

1 comment:

Anthony Strand said...

I just got done watching "Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead" on Sci Fi.

Wow. There aren't even words. What a great two hours of television.

Cue the three dozen novels and 50,000 bad fanfics about the Doctor and River.